Family Child Care Home Education Network (FACES)
The Family Atmosphere Care with Enhanced Services Network (FACES) was developed to support and assist family child care providers in achieving desired results for the children and families they serve. This network is made up of family child care homes located throughout Butte County who receive child care subsidy from the Payment Program. The FACES NETWORK has a special focus on the development of the whole child!
WHO FUNDS THIS NETWORK?
FACES was initiated with a grant from the State of California’s Department of Education, Child Development Division.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
This FACES NETWORK serves child 0 to 5 years old. Providers must hold a current Family Child Care License and work with infants and/or pre-school age children.
Providers would be a good fit for the FACES NETWORK if they:
- Participate in the Child Care Food Program.
- Accept referrals as potential child care provider for families participating on the FACES NETWORK.
- Welcome per-arranged visits from our Child Development Resource Specialist.
- Show an interest in professional development; work with the Child Development Resource Specialist to set professional and child care home goals.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF THE NETWORK?
1) Promote quality child care practices so that children can reach their full potential.
2) Develop professional support systems for providers through information sharing, individualized planning and problem solving, and provision of resources.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM FOR PROVIDERS?
1) Child care referrals to FACES NETWORK families.
2) Direct support from our FACES NETWORK team that is trained in child development.
3) Professional growth in Early Childhood Education through local training and workshops.
4) Access to office equipment in our provider workroom.
5) Enrichment through a free monthly curriculum kit.
Phone: Lisa Ferrier (530)-899-4935
HOW DO PARENTS ENROLL A CHILD?
The FACES NETWORK provides great opportunities for children too! There are only a limited number of children in care with FACES NETWORK providers that will have their care paid for by Valley Oak. Enroll on the Central Eligibility List and you will be contacted when openings become available. Enrollment is based on income and need for care.
WHY CHOOSE A PROVIDER WHO IS IN THE FACES NETWORK?
Providers are held to the same high quality standards and reporting requirements as center-based programs that are funded through the state! Providers in California are monitored by “The Desired Results for Children & Families” program and components of the program include parent surveys, Family Day Care Rating Scale evaluations, and recurrent developmental profiles for children enrolled in the program.
The homes in the network are characterized by what the early childhood education field knows to be the best practices — small group sizes, integrated ages, low adult/child ratio in a warm and nurturing home environment.